Follower

Donnerstag, 4. Januar 2018

35 Literary Adaptations to Look Forward to in 2018

New year, new slate of literary adaptations. At this point, it’s a cliché to say, but that doesn’t make it any less true: it seems as though every other new film or television show is based on a book these days—though sometimes the book is so far back in the chain of adaptations as to become nigh irrelevant (I’m looking at you, Jumanji producers. I’m looking, and I’m also weeping over the gorgeous Chris Van Allsburg book). It’s almost like scriptwriters are out of ideas or something. But I’m not complaining: I love to see books I like transformed, even if I hate the transformation. There is joy in griping, you know. If you don’t know, hello and welcome to the Internet. To that end, I generally like to have read the book before I see the film or television adaptation, and if you’re reading this space, odds on that you’re not unsympathetic to that position. So please find below a working calendar of some of the most interesting literary adaptations coming to screens big and small in 2018.... [mehr] http://lithub.com/35-literary-adaptations-to-look-forward-to-in-2018/

Keine Kommentare: